This morning I had a meeting with a few community members and whipped up some buttermilk biscuits. Follow any buttermilk biscuit recipe of your choice, or even the store bought ones. Form them into a circular shape and cut half. Then, arrange them in a pan with the straight edge of one biscuit again the curved edge of another. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and butter. Follow the baking instructions of your biscuit recipe, and when you take them out of the over drizzle some more melted butter on top.
Shakshuka is one of my all time favorites, if you love eggs, you'll love this dish! It is of Arab origin and is basically poached eggs mixed into a tomato sauce. I call it Snowy Shakshuka because I made it on a snow day :)
1. Chicken Broth 6 Cups ( use 4 leg and thigh pieces and 1/2 chicken breast)
2. Shredded Chicken 2 cups (strain from above)
3. Garlic/ginger paste 1 Tbsp.
4. Sesame oil 2 Tbsp.
5. Salt 1.5 Tbsp.
6. White or black pepper 1 Tbsp.
7. White Vinegar 3 Tbsp.
8. Soy sauce 1Tbsp. + more for garnish
9. Corn starch 2 Tbsp.
10. Egg whites 2
11. Frozen corn 1 cup
12. 4 Finely chopped Spring onions for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro for garnish
• Sauté chicken in oil at medium heat with ginger garlic paste until color changes slightly (don’t let it get brown).
• Add salt, pepper, vinegar and Soy sauce
• Add 6 cups of water and boil until 4 cups remain . Use fork to ensure pieces are cooked through and no trace of blood remains.
• Remove chicken from broth and shred. Set aside and discard bones.
• In another pan saute corn in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
• Add shredded chicken and mix well.
• Pour chicken broth and allow it to boil.
• Slowly stir in beaten egg whites, continuously stirring.
• Mix cornstarch in equal amount of water to make a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup, continuously stirring.
• Allow the soup to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
• Add spring onions towards the end.
• Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with crackers, hot sauce ,soy sauce and white vinegar.
Categories by Cusines
Categories by month