Apple Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
Saying good bye will never be an easy task. Today was a last day for a student teacher at our class. It’s amazing to see someone flourish under your umbrella. Anyway to celebrate her success in our classroom we decided to have a farewell quick breakfast. Since it’s still fall Apple cinnamon and brown sugar is all I can think of.
Granny Smith Apple: 8 slices
Brown sugar: 1/3 cup
Cinnamon 2 teaspoons
unsalted butter 3 Tablespoon
chopped walnuts 1/4 cup
Crescent Rolls: pack of 8 rolls
Heat oven at 350. Mix allthe dry ingredients together and set aside. Lay crescent roll triangles flat on baking tray. Brush melted butter on triangles. Sprinkle dry mixture on them. Place apple slice on the wide corner and wrap the slices with the rest of the roll. Brush some more butter on the top and sprinkle the remaining dry ingredients on the top. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a serving dish. Serve immediately when they are still warm.
1. Chicken Broth 6 Cups ( use 4 leg and thigh pieces and 1/2 chicken breast)
2. Shredded Chicken 2 cups (strain from above)
3. Garlic/ginger paste 1 Tbsp.
4. Sesame oil 2 Tbsp.
5. Salt 1.5 Tbsp.
6. White or black pepper 1 Tbsp.
7. White Vinegar 3 Tbsp.
8. Soy sauce 1Tbsp. + more for garnish
9. Corn starch 2 Tbsp.
10. Egg whites 2
11. Frozen corn 1 cup
12. 4 Finely chopped Spring onions for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro for garnish
• Sauté chicken in oil at medium heat with ginger garlic paste until color changes slightly (don’t let it get brown).
• Add salt, pepper, vinegar and Soy sauce
• Add 6 cups of water and boil until 4 cups remain . Use fork to ensure pieces are cooked through and no trace of blood remains.
• Remove chicken from broth and shred. Set aside and discard bones.
• In another pan saute corn in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
• Add shredded chicken and mix well.
• Pour chicken broth and allow it to boil.
• Slowly stir in beaten egg whites, continuously stirring.
• Mix cornstarch in equal amount of water to make a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup, continuously stirring.
• Allow the soup to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
• Add spring onions towards the end.
• Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with crackers, hot sauce ,soy sauce and white vinegar.
Categories by Cusines
Categories by month