All purpose unbleached flour 4 cups
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Warm Milk 1 cup
Warm water 1/4th cup
Yeast 11/2 Tbs
Greek yogurt 1/2 cup
Honey 2 Tbs
Butter melted 1/4th cup
Fresh minced garlic 4 cloves
Cilantro 5 strands chopped OR
Sesame seeds 2 Tbs mixed with 1/4 cup melted butter
In a big glass bowl, mix yeast, water and honey together. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Add milk and yogurt. In a separate bowl mix baking soda and flour. Slowly add to the wet ingredients. Gather everything together till all the mixture bind in a form of a big ball. Add some more water slowly if needed. Cover the glass bowl with plastic wrap and put in a warm place for an hour and a half, so the dough rise double the size.
Trick: Sometime you cant find a warm place at home. on the top of the plastic wrao cover with a towel and have a space heater in the area where you will keep the bowl but dont let it to be too close to the bowl. Yeast works better when it finds a perfect warm temperature.
Mix toppings in a small bowl and keep it ready to use
Once the dough is ready. Place it on a cutting board surface and cut into 12 equal parts Each in a size of a tennis ball. Roll on a slightly dusted surface in a shape of an oval. brush both sides with a melted butter.
Heat a skillet on a medium hot setting. once its hot place an oval dough on the skillet. Brush toppings on the top side. Cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook till you see the bubles are popping up high you can lift the cover and check the bottom iif its is evenly browned but not overly cooked. Turn the naan and cook for aditional two or two minutes with the cover. lift and see if its evenly cooked on the other side.
Enjoy with any kind of kabobs, curries, daals, and or green chutney and if you are like me i would love to have it with my morning tea.
1. Chicken Broth 6 Cups ( use 4 leg and thigh pieces and 1/2 chicken breast)
2. Shredded Chicken 2 cups (strain from above)
3. Garlic/ginger paste 1 Tbsp.
4. Sesame oil 2 Tbsp.
5. Salt 1.5 Tbsp.
6. White or black pepper 1 Tbsp.
7. White Vinegar 3 Tbsp.
8. Soy sauce 1Tbsp. + more for garnish
9. Corn starch 2 Tbsp.
10. Egg whites 2
11. Frozen corn 1 cup
12. 4 Finely chopped Spring onions for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro for garnish
• Sauté chicken in oil at medium heat with ginger garlic paste until color changes slightly (don’t let it get brown).
• Add salt, pepper, vinegar and Soy sauce
• Add 6 cups of water and boil until 4 cups remain . Use fork to ensure pieces are cooked through and no trace of blood remains.
• Remove chicken from broth and shred. Set aside and discard bones.
• In another pan saute corn in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
• Add shredded chicken and mix well.
• Pour chicken broth and allow it to boil.
• Slowly stir in beaten egg whites, continuously stirring.
• Mix cornstarch in equal amount of water to make a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup, continuously stirring.
• Allow the soup to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
• Add spring onions towards the end.
• Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with crackers, hot sauce ,soy sauce and white vinegar.
Categories by Cusines
Categories by month