Pour Down Chocolate Frosting Cake
Dont ask why but under this amazing frosting lies not so amazing boxed Duncan Hines Yellow cake:) Once cake is baking according to the instructions given on the box. You can start preparing the frosting but make sure to take it out in between the frosting preparation.
1 3/4th Butter
4TBS Cocoa(Tader Joe)
1/4th cup Milk
1 pound confection sugar
Your favorite kind nuts or Sprinkles of your choice
How to make it
Start the process of frosting when cake is still warm and can be removed from the baking dish. Place place the cake where can be easily moved again to the original cake platter. I know i know its lots of moving but when it comes to chocolate no matter how careful you are it finds its way to go the places you doesnt want it to go. Right now i can say this about QB (My grandson) QB loves to explore kitchen cabinets especially under the sink which is the only one i dont want him to explore . Now pour frosting slowly on the warm cake. Make sure to pour it slowly and evenly. No need to spread it evenly it makes its own way where needed. Once each and every corner gets its fair share you can transport it to the cake platter. Enjoy warm with cold milk.
1. Chicken Broth 6 Cups ( use 4 leg and thigh pieces and 1/2 chicken breast)
2. Shredded Chicken 2 cups (strain from above)
3. Garlic/ginger paste 1 Tbsp.
4. Sesame oil 2 Tbsp.
5. Salt 1.5 Tbsp.
6. White or black pepper 1 Tbsp.
7. White Vinegar 3 Tbsp.
8. Soy sauce 1Tbsp. + more for garnish
9. Corn starch 2 Tbsp.
10. Egg whites 2
11. Frozen corn 1 cup
12. 4 Finely chopped Spring onions for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro for garnish
• Sauté chicken in oil at medium heat with ginger garlic paste until color changes slightly (don’t let it get brown).
• Add salt, pepper, vinegar and Soy sauce
• Add 6 cups of water and boil until 4 cups remain . Use fork to ensure pieces are cooked through and no trace of blood remains.
• Remove chicken from broth and shred. Set aside and discard bones.
• In another pan saute corn in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
• Add shredded chicken and mix well.
• Pour chicken broth and allow it to boil.
• Slowly stir in beaten egg whites, continuously stirring.
• Mix cornstarch in equal amount of water to make a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup, continuously stirring.
• Allow the soup to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
• Add spring onions towards the end.
• Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with crackers, hot sauce ,soy sauce and white vinegar.
Categories by Cusines
Categories by month