It's about time to set aside my Pakistani cooking soul and switch turkey seasoning to American brining. My Tandoori Turkey has no place on all American side dishes table. Wait that also mean i have to wear an ugly a sweater on thanksgiving? Anyhow I collected all the required seasoning and herbs thanks to Trader Joe's for making my life easy and my mom who had gave me this huge pot long time ago. This pot holds no matter what i cook in large scale Yes it didn't disappoint me this time either. After giving a good rinse by taking all the unnecessary stuff out i was able to soak her in this heavenly American fluid. one more thing to share tha while rinsing this baby i kept on remembering my Bay gee(grandma) to who was once told if its in her will she will wash meat with soap and water:)
Apple Juice: 3 cups
Orange peel of two big oranges
Tri Color pepper corns: 3 Table spoons
Chopped Garlic Cloves: 6-7
Bay leafs: 4
Kosher Salt 1/2 cup
Dry Coriander: seeds 2 teaspoons
Black Cloves: 1 teaspoon
Brown Sugar: 1 cup
Fresh Rosemary:1/2 of a bunch
Wash and clean out Turkey under running water i mean give her a good extra rinsing bath. Pat dry and placed in a clear X large bag(Clear trash bag will do the job)
Now add all brining ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. when it cools off pour over Turkey. Add some water if needed so it soak completely. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Turn her occasionally so seasoning reached to all sides.
Take the bird out of the bag and give her a good rinse under running water. This will help wash out all the unnecessary salt. Pat Dry. She is ready for the next stage!!!!
1. Chicken Broth 6 Cups ( use 4 leg and thigh pieces and 1/2 chicken breast)
2. Shredded Chicken 2 cups (strain from above)
3. Garlic/ginger paste 1 Tbsp.
4. Sesame oil 2 Tbsp.
5. Salt 1.5 Tbsp.
6. White or black pepper 1 Tbsp.
7. White Vinegar 3 Tbsp.
8. Soy sauce 1Tbsp. + more for garnish
9. Corn starch 2 Tbsp.
10. Egg whites 2
11. Frozen corn 1 cup
12. 4 Finely chopped Spring onions for garnish
• Chopped Cilantro for garnish
• Sauté chicken in oil at medium heat with ginger garlic paste until color changes slightly (don’t let it get brown).
• Add salt, pepper, vinegar and Soy sauce
• Add 6 cups of water and boil until 4 cups remain . Use fork to ensure pieces are cooked through and no trace of blood remains.
• Remove chicken from broth and shred. Set aside and discard bones.
• In another pan saute corn in 1 Tbsp. of oil.
• Add shredded chicken and mix well.
• Pour chicken broth and allow it to boil.
• Slowly stir in beaten egg whites, continuously stirring.
• Mix cornstarch in equal amount of water to make a paste. Slowly add the paste to the soup, continuously stirring.
• Allow the soup to cook until it reaches the desired thickness.
• Add spring onions towards the end.
• Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with crackers, hot sauce ,soy sauce and white vinegar.
Categories by Cusines
Categories by month