Nutella/ Cocoa Almond Cupcakes :18
2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ¼ sticks (10 Tbs) butter,
softened 1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line 18 muffin cups with liners.Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until soft and creamy.
4. Add the sugar and beat for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
6. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
7. Mix only enough for ingredients to become incorporated. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling until about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the cupcakes comes clean. 9.Remove from oven, and let cool for 10 minutes.
10.Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely before frosting.
Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce
Things you need
24 strips of mozzarella string cheese
2 cups Italian style Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon water
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place string cheese in a freezer and freeze at least one hour before baking.
2. Preheat your oven to 400.
3. In three separate bowls, place the flour, the egg and the bread crumbs.
4. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Just a few sprinkles should do it. Mix well.
5. Add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the breadcrumbs. Mix well.
6. Roll the frozen cheese, a few at a time first in the flour, then the egg then the crumbs, pressing firmly.
7. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until the breading is slightly golden and the cheese is soft.
*Do not wait till all the cheese melt out:)
Things you need
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 th cup diced white onions
1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here’s How 1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. 2. Add the olive oil to the pan, allowing it to warm for 1 minute. 3. Then add onions sauté for 1 minute and then add garlic and sauté it for another 1 minute stirring constantly, until it's golden brown and fragrant. 4. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), stirring to combine. Cover and simmer the sauce for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, 5. Season it with additional salt, pepper or sugar, to taste. Serve with cheesy bread sticks. Note: Enough to serve with 25 cheese sticks
American GrilledFood Cheese Sandwich
Things you need
2 slices of bread (Soft Sandwich Squares or large slices either White or Wheat)*
1TBS of butter depending upon the size of the bread
2 tsp mayonnaise
2 oz or 4 thinly sliced American or cheddar cheese
1. Place bread on a cutting board and spread mayonnaise over top side of each; this is key to a golden, delectable crunch.
2. Heat a small skillet (nonstick, ideally) over medium. Slide in half of butter. When it melts, place 1 slice of bread, mayonnaise side down.
3. In skillet; top with cheese; season with pepper. Top with second slice of bread, mayonnaise side up.
4. When underside is golden brown, about 3 minutes, turn sandwich and add remaining butter to skillet. Press down on sandwich to encourage even browning and to help melt cheese.
5. Be gentle, don’t smash it. Cook until second side is golden brown and cheese is melted. *\ Serve with Tomato soup or Fresh Salad Helpful Notes *Preferred to use firm but not too thick bread slices. *To make sandwich little bigger you can add one more slice of bread in between layers of cheese.
Valentine's Day Buttermilk Pancakes
Things you need
Makes 8-10 pancakes
1. In a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Use the whisker to stir until no flour streaks remain but there are still some of lumps.
3. Heat up a griddle over medium heat and lightly butter the surface or pan spray Scoop using an ice cream scooper or 1/4th cup dispenser.
4. Dispense the pancake batter onto the pan, and cook for a couple minutes until you see bubbles form at the top and just begin to pop. That means its time to flip! Cook for another one to two minutes on the other side.
5. Cook remaining pancake batter. Serve with maple syrup and various toppings such as mini chocolate chips, strawberries, fresh blueberries, flavored yogurt, sliced bananas and extra butter. Enjoy !! Helpful Notes: For fluffier pancakes do not over stir the batter.
*At our Young Chefs class we used the same recipe but made them into heart shaped. Place a metal cookie cutter mold on a griddle and pour 1/4 cup of batter inside the mold, once it starts to bubble with the help of a spatula flip the heart shape mold and cook the other side. Lift the mold to see if its done from the other side. Place on the plate, press the pancake down with a spoon and remove the mold. Be careful mold will be hot to remove.