:Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce
Cheese Sticks with Marinara Sauce
Things you need
24 strips of mozzarella string cheese
2 cups Italian style Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon water
1 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place string cheese in a freezer and freeze at least one hour before baking.
2. Preheat your oven to 400.
3. In three separate bowls, place the flour, the egg and the bread crumbs.
4. Season the flour with salt and pepper to taste. Just a few sprinkles should do it. Mix well.
5. Add the garlic powder and Italian seasoning to the breadcrumbs. Mix well.
6. Roll the frozen cheese, a few at a time first in the flour, then the egg then the crumbs, pressing firmly.
7. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until the breading is slightly golden and the cheese is soft.
*Do not wait till all the cheese melt out:)
Things you need
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 th cup diced white onions
1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Here’s How 1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. 2. Add the olive oil to the pan, allowing it to warm for 1 minute. 3. Then add onions sauté for 1 minute and then add garlic and sauté it for another 1 minute stirring constantly, until it's golden brown and fragrant. 4. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes (optional), stirring to combine. Cover and simmer the sauce for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, 5. Season it with additional salt, pepper or sugar, to taste. Serve with cheesy bread sticks. Note: Enough to serve with 25 cheese sticks
Leave a Reply.